Talawa's impact 2020/2021
The pandemic threw us many challenges, just as it did to everyone in the industry.
Our foremost concern was for the freelancers we worked with; their incomes fell off a cliff.
So, what did we do?
Talawa's Impact in 2020/2021
We provided paid work for 70 freelancers
We did this by:
- engaging with 9 Black key workers to tell their stories through Tales From the Front Line
- contracting and paying 9 Black artists and creatives
- receiving more than 5000 views;80% of views came from people aged 25 to 34, of which 60% were UK based
We enhanced our Unconscious Bias, Anti-Racism and Diversity training:
- We employed 19 facilitators to help us deliver the training
- We digitally delivered 57 training sessions to 10 organisations and 766 participants
- 94% of participants recognised the need for this training
We didn't stop there
- We provided digital support through one-to-one sessions, group discussions and training and much more
- We read more than 180 scripts and shared more than 260 opportunities via MAKE Online
And we did much more ...