For 34 years, Talawa has been breaking down barriers and providing opportunities for Black artists throughout the UK. With a record of more than 50 touring productions, we create work that shines a spotlight on the best and most exciting emerging and established Black artists, making theatre for everyone.
Recent Festival of New Work
Talawa Firsts is the stage for fresh Black creative voices. Hear these voices and be a part of Talawa’s artistic community as we take over the Ditch at Shoreditch Town Hall to celebrate the UK's exciting new Black writers and theatre makers.
The Tide is a Talawa Theatre Company, Greenwich+Docklands International Festival, and Breakin’ Convention co-production, and is Talawa's first ever show created exclusively for outdoor performance.
View all Past Productions
1 hour agoPreviousNext
- Get applying if you want to work with @_HighTide_ 👇🏿 https://t.co/LFtUW1rofH
- Our friends @_HighTide_ are recruiting for new trustees, could that be you? Details here 👉🏿 https://t.co/udBCvOguTH
- RT @galdemzine: On 2 December, the Home Office plans to deport up 50 people to Jamaica – Zita Holborne from @BARACUK outlines what we can…
- Save the date for the 2020 @AlfredFagonAwrd announcement 👇 https://t.co/8EABR2gGGQ
- Is BBC's Criptales finally giving us the real deal? We🖤this from @disabilityarts (Deborah Caulfield) -https://t.co/pnOvhGtKPb
- 🖤 https://t.co/RrgsXvNsGY
- 'The Story of Lovers Rock' is a documentary by Menelik Shabazz charting how Lovers Rock defined a generation in the… https://t.co/99UUn0hEaE
- Wow! Really?! https://t.co/i3D9wdj7Na
- #LoversRock BBC1 9pm tonight and then on @BBCiPlayerhttps://t.co/fHExsU6mCS#SmallAxe 🖤
- Truth telling 👇 https://t.co/ybyfVOnxsa