Announcing Talawa's 2019 Attachment Artists
We’re excited to announce our amazing new attachment artists Nouveau Riché, Mwen and Natalie Pryce.
Talawa Attachment Artists are Black individuals or companies who have a vision to embed their work in the industry, establish themselves as an artist and/or get their work to the next level. Find out more about these fantastic creatives and their work below.
Nouveau Riché is an exciting, diverse, multi-award winning, creative movement, headed by a team of performance artists. Discovering, nurturing and producing unique stories from all walks of life, Nouveau Riché make culturally inclusive work that is educational and entertaining, across all artforms.
Their shows consist of:
- The 5* multi award winning Queens of Sheba (CPT/Underbelly/New Diorama/Vaults Fest 2019).
- The 2018 sell-out hit TIMBUKTU (TRSE)
- The award-winning Rhapsody (Arcola Theatre)
Mwen is a sound designer, music producer, composer, session musician and DJ with over 10 years experience working with sound. Mwen’s creative practice melds the worlds of music technology, electronic music, live sound and performance. Their compositions and productions have received airplay on:
- BBC Radio 1
- BBC Radio 6
- XFM, NTS
- Rinse FM supported by DJs including Rob da Bank, Mary Anne Hobbs and Tom Robinson and synced to TV and fashion film.
Recent work in theatre has included:
- Sound design, composition, and performance on Rachael Young’s ‘Nightclubbing’
- Collaboration on new works supported by The Almeida, Bush Theatre and The National Theatre.
An artist of Ugandan descent and raised in multiple cultures, Mwen is often drawn to collaborative work situated in exploring identity, narratives of self and the telling of diverse stories
Natalie Pryce studied Theatre Design for Performance at Wimbledon College of Art and since graduating has costume supervised and set designed for a variety of site specific productions, festivals and traditional theatre productions.
Recent credits as Set and Costume Designer include:
- The Smallest Story Ever Told (The King's Head Theatre)
- Costume: Boris: World King (Trafalgar Studios 2 - transfer from Edinburgh).
As Costume Designer:
- Hamlet (Black Theatre Live/Tara Arts).
As Costume Supervisor:
- Orson's Shadow (Southwark Playhouse)
- No Villain (the Old Red Lion)
- Last of the Boys (Southwark Playhouse)
- No Villain (transfer to Trafalgar Studios 2)
As Assistant Costume Supervisor:
- The Deep Blue Sea (The National Theatre).