Talawa Firsts 2016
13 June - 1 July
- Half Breed by Natasha Marshall
- How to Die of a Broken Heart by Femi Martin
- Destiny Does as She’s Told by Kenton Jordan Thomas
- LARP by Berri George
- One Woman’s Slide: A Blues by Dianna Hunt
- Mixed Bill with Myah Jeffers, Yami "Rowdy" Löfvenberg and Sean Graham
Talawa Firsts kick starts the careers of exciting writers, directors and theatre makers.
The festival brings together a community of artists and gives them a space to meet, spark off ideas, build networks and become the next generation to shape British Theatre.
Each of these artists has gone on a journey with Talawa. They sent in a script, invited us to see their show, or applied for our Studio Firsts programme.
We have helped them to draw out the stories they want to tell.
Provided them with space, resources, the opportunity to get it wrong, and plenty of tea and biscuits…
We want to continue to find talented new artists, develop them, showcase them, and help them get their work on stage.
Our vision is for a theatre industry which is diverse and representative of the UK’s Black population.
Talawa Firsts 2016 Programme