18-25? Want an offstage career in theatre?
- Sanaa Abstrakt
TYPT puts emerging theatre makers aged 18-25 together with established artists to develop their practice, test ideas and produce a brand new piece of theatre in just 4 weeks each summer. We provide opportunities both offstage and onstage.
Whether you are a stage manager, designer or technician, every element of the TYPT process will be open to you from initial production meetings to script development sessions; from meetings with graphic designers to the get-out.
Taking part is free. Please note TYPT is open to participants aged 18-25 only and applications are now closed.
Please note - applications are now closed and will re-open for TYPT: 19 in June 2018
Assistant Stage Manager, TYPT:12
“This was my first time working outside of my uni on a professional production…I was able to develop skills and realise the strengths and weaknesses in my practice”
Past TYPT participants have gone on to successful careers in theatre; working as performers, producers, writers and technicians for a range of organisations including The Bush Theatre, Oval House, Young Vic, and the National Theatre. Alumni include:
- Michaela Coel (E4’s Chewing Gum and The Aliens, Channel 4’s Top Boy and Home, National Theatre)
- Nonso Anozie (HBO’s Game of Thrones, CBS’ Zoo and Disney’s Cinderella)
- Shanika Warren-Markland (Noel Clarke’s Adulthood, Brotherhood and 4321 and BFI’s Gone Too Far!).
- Femi Oguns MBE (Director of The Identity Drama School)
- Sandra Thompson-Quartey (Artistic Director of Writers Avenue Theatre Company and Talent Agency)