18-25? Want a career in theatre?
- Lidia Crisafulli
TYPT puts emerging theatre makers together with established artists to develop their practice, test ideas and produce a brand new piece of theatre in just 4 weeks.
Whether you are a performer, stage manager, designer or technician, every element of the TYPT process will be open to you from initial production meetings to script development sessions; from meetings with graphic designers to the get-out.
TYPT:18 applications will open in May 2018
TYPT:18 will take place from August 6th – Saturday 1st September
Michaela Coel, Writer and Performer, BAFTA Winner ‘Best Female Performance in a Comedy Programme’ and ‘Breakthrough Talent’ 2016
I came to TYPT looking for the empowerment to develop as a performer and writer, and I certainly succeeded, we all did. Talawa’s enduring faith in developing new artists is remarkable and for my own journey TYPT was the biggest part of that.
Assistant Stage Manager, TYPT:12
“This was my first time working outside of my uni on a professional production…I was able to develop skills and realise the strengths and weaknesses in my practice”
Past TYPT participants have gone on to successful careers in theatre; working as performers, producers, writers and technicians for a range of organisations including The Bush Theatre, Oval House, Young Vic, and the National Theatre. Alumni include:
- Michaela Coel (E4’s Chewing Gum and The Aliens, Channel 4’s Top Boy and Home, National Theatre)
- Nonso Anozie (HBO’s Game of Thrones, CBS’ Zoo and Disney’s Cinderella)
- Shanika Warren-Markland (Noel Clarke’s Adulthood, Brotherhood and 4321 and BFI’s Gone Too Far!).
- Femi Oguns MBE (Director of The Identity Drama School)
- Sandra Thompson-Quartey (Artistic Director of Writers Avenue Theatre Company and Talent Agency)