We need BSL interpreters
Calling BSL interpreters with live theatre performance interpreting experience.
Talawa Firsts is our annual festival where we showcase the work of artists we’re most excited about here at Talawa.
The festival runs for 3 weeks (19 June – 5 July) and we programme 3 events per week: Wednesdays: Play readings, Thursdays: Workshops and Fridays: Mixed Bills for theatre makers. More about Talawa Firsts 2019 - here.
We’re hoping to make each of the Friday Mixed Bill performances by theatre makers accessible with BSL interpreters and we’ll also be getting our collective of BAME D/deaf and Disabled artists to do some curtain raiser performances to open each Friday night.
We’d like to contract x2 BSL interpreters across the dates below to sign for the curtain raisers and the main shows on the Fridays.
The Ditch, Shoreditch Town Hall (380 Old St, Hackney, London EC1V 9LT)
- Friday 14 June (curtain raiser rehearsals / 11am – 4pm)
- Saturday 15 June (curtain raiser rehearsals / 11am – 4pm)
- Thursday 20 June (mixed bill artists tech / 10am – 6pm)
- Friday 21 June (mixed bill artists and curtain raiser tech + performances / 10am – 9pm)
- Thursday 27 June (mixed bill artists tech / 10am – 6pm)
- Friday 28 June (mixed bill artist and curtain raiser tech + performances / 10am – 9pm)
• Will be working with a co-worker
• Total pay: £260 per full day (can offer day + a half for performance days)
• 1 hr lunch break on rehearsal days
• 1 hr lunch + 1 hr dinner on performance days
Please get in touch by email to email@example.com