18-25? Want a Career in Theatre?
TYPT puts emerging theatre makers aged 18-25 together with established artists to develop their practice, test ideas and produce a brand new piece of theatre in just 4 weeks each summer. We provide opportunities both offstage and onstage.
Whether you are a performer, writer, stage manager, designer or technician, every element of the TYPT process will be open to you from initial production meetings to script development sessions; from meetings with graphic designers to the get-out.
Taking part is free. Please note TYPT is open to participants aged 18-25 only.
Applications are now closed
View Past TYPT Productions
Past TYPT participants have gone on to successful careers in theatre; working as performers, producers, writers and technicians for a range of organisations including The Bush Theatre, Oval House, Young Vic, and the National Theatre. Alumni include:
- Michaela Coel (E4’s Chewing Gum and The Aliens, Channel 4’s Top Boy and Home, National Theatre)
- Nonso Anozie (HBO’s Game of Thrones, CBS’ Zoo and Disney’s Cinderella)
- Shanika Warren-Markland (Noel Clarke’s Adulthood, Brotherhood and 4321 and BFI’s Gone Too Far!)
- Femi Oguns MBE (Director of The Identity Drama School)
- Sandra Thompson-Quartey (Artistic Director of Writers Avenue Theatre Company and Talent Agency)
- Natasha Marshall (writer and performer of Half Breed)
★★★★★ The Upcoming (Selina Begum)
"Run It Back defines the rave culture scene ... realising the British Black experience without condescension ... this summer’s must-see immersive theatre"
★★★★★ Critically Speaking
"Natasha Marshall gives a blistering solo performance that hits the mark in every aspect"
TYPT 12: Participant
"Every day I find myself thrown out of my comfort zone, literally thrown out ... every day I am blessed with the opportunity to work amongst greatness."