Creating Routes is a free practical training programme for BAME theatre makers who want to use their creative skills in community settings.
Creating Routes is open to BAME theatre-makers aged between 18 and 25 years old. If you're interested in working with groups in schools, community organisations, health settings, or the criminal justice system, then Creating Routes is for you.
Creating Routes trainees get the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed to gain employment in the Participatory Arts sector. Creating Routes alumni have gone onto work with: Talawa, EEA, London Bubble Theatre Company, Young Vic, Birmingham REP, Imperial War Museum, Theatre Royal Stratford East, and Battersea Arts Centre.
Creating Routes is open to Black, Asian and minority ethnic theatre-makers aged between 18 and 25 years old.
- Committed to a career in participatory arts facilitation
- Skilled and experienced in performance/theatre-making (in any role; as a writer, performer, designer etc.)
- Passionate about using theatre and other art forms with young people and/or adults in community settings
- Willing to work and learn collaboratively (with peers and professionals)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to high professional standards, i.e. punctual, organised and self-motivated
- Be committed and able to attend ALL of the designated dates
- Some experience of working in participatory arts
- Knowledge of other art forms or experience of working cross art-form
Applications for 2019 are now closed
Find out what's going on. Follow us on social media, or sign up to our newsletter.1 hour agoPreviousNext